Saturday, October 22, 2011

Max's New Tricks

Luke and I discussed today about how Max is way cooler than a dog because you can only teach a dog a few tricks whereas Max learns something new every day!  (Yes, we truly have these very intellectual conversations.)  It's so exciting to watch him learn.  For example some of his newest words are:

1. "Uh Oh" (This one is said when things fall to the floor, when he falls down, when mom falls down, when he can't find his pacifier, when mom can't find his pacifier... it's pretty much all day long)
2. " Nooooooooooo" (He says it elongated I think because I'm typically yelling it while running in his direction to try and stop him from things like putting his finger in the outlet we haven't baby proofed yet.  The funny thing is that he sticks his tongue out when saying the "n" so Luke kept asking why Max was saying "mo?")
3. "Hello" (This is his newest word that he now says while putting the TV remote, calculator or cell phone up to his ear.  It's almost creepy the way the tone of his voice changes when he says it.  It sounds a little like "ellow"  I'm thinking he's been hanging out with a British women lately)
4. "Oh Sh**t" (Yes I heard him mumble this one a few times lately and thought to my self "OH SH**T!"  I'm blaming this one on his dad.  The good thing is Max says it pretty quiet because I don't think he's really confident with this one yet so I'm hoping that without reinforcement he will forget he ever heard it!)

So being that Max is now 14 months you would think the next new trick I'm going to tell you about is him walking... sadly no.  He can cruise around anywhere while holding onto things but has yet to venture out on his own.  He's so close though so maybe soon we will have a video out of that one.

No, the next new trick is one that him and his father showed me today while out shopping.  It's the first of the "Oh man look what my husband taught my son" tricks.  Soon he will be peeing on cars and spitting out windows!  This one isn't that bad, it's actually pretty cute.  It's hard to explain in writing exactly what they do so at the risk of being non-politically correct, Luke pretty much taught Max how to do the "Indian."  You know where you take the palm of your hand and put it over your mouth repeatedly while saying "o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o".  That's the only thing I could think of to describe it!  Max loves it and thinks it's really cool.  He's not really great at the hand coordination though and sometimes ends up saying "oooooo" while banging himself in the eye.

Lastly I had to share that, according to my husband, Max had his first "make out session" at day care on Friday.  You can imagine the imagery that this statement put into my head so of course I asked him to clarify.  Beaming (as most dads would) he said that when he went to pick-up Max the little girl who is almost two ran over to say good bye and gave him a huge smooch "RIGHT ON THE LIPS".  My reaction was "Oh, that's all"?  Knowing that French people kiss on the lips all the time I did not consider this a so called "make out session."  However, Luke was so proud that Max was such a stud at day care that I let him gloat a little about it.

Total Stud!  Notice how he styled his own hair using a new product I like to call "Spaghetti Sauce"

No comments:

Post a Comment