Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Royal Wedding Day!

I'm not really a "Royal Follower", however, it's hard not to get caught up in such an amazing moment in history.  This is one of those moments that people will remember where they were when watching the Royal wedding of William and Kate, just as I remember what I was doing on the morning of September 11, 2001. 

I was never planning on waking up early to watch as I knew I would be hearing about it all day and looking at the photos and videos online was sufficient enough for me.  Lucky for me, well not really, Max decided he needed to stay home again today from daycare.  From 6:30am - 7:44am he cried.  I tried everything... "Do you want a babba (bottle)?" NO he would turn his head and push it away. "Do you want to play?" NO, he would simply look at me and start to cry harder.  "Do you want momma to hold you?" NO, he would squirm and try to get out of my arms.  I realized after about 45 minutes of this that there was no way I would put this on my daycare provider so I called him in sick, and then I called myself in sick.  The best part about calling in sick because your kid is sick is that you don't have to be laying on the couch all day surrounded by Kleenex and glasses of "fluids".  HURRAY!  In the end I simply put him back to bed and he fell fast asleep.  I guess that's all he wanted.  Who knew?

Due to my child's illness I was able to watch the Today show all morning and therefore catch a glimpse of the Royal Wedding. I LOVED it!  Here are my Top 5 Favorites from the day. (well, morning for us Americans)

TOP 5 ROYAL WEDDING FAVES:

1. The Hats!  Are you kidding me with some of these?  Even some of the crazy hats I love.  I want to wear one so bad that if you see me sporting a crazy concoction of feathers and twigs on top my head at the next party you will know why.  I only wish it was semi normal in the states to wear such crazy things.  They are AWESOME!  Don't get me started about fascinators either, so cool.  Then there is Princesses Beatrice and Princess Eugenie... hmmm.  Not sure I'm really understanding their choice of whatever is attached to their head.  Click here for a photo of these wild hats!

2. Kate's Dress. This was really the only thing I was looking forward to.  She has such classic style and I couldn't wait to see what she chose to wear on the biggest day of her life.  I loved it. Not only did it have a touch of 1950's vintage it was also sexy and modern.  I know that the royals are required to cover their arms and shoulders and I thought she did an amazing job accomplishing that, while still making the dress look modern.  It was beautiful. Princess Katherine's Dress

3. The Support of the Country.  Watching all of those people march down towards Buckingham Palace gave me chills.  They were so proud of their country, there was no ill will towards each other and everyone was so excited to see the newlyweds kiss.  I only wish we got the day off too!  Come to think if it, I do, but not for that reason. Amazing photos of the Royal Wedding

4. The Getaway Car! So super cool.  I was playing with Max and didn't even realize that they were about to be leaving Buckingham Palace until Meredith Vieira announced it.  As I looked up at the TV I saw Prince William and Princess Katherine driving out of Buckingham Palace in a super cute Aston Martin all decked out in a "Ju5t Wed" licence plate, balloons streaming off the back and patriotic ribbons up the hood.  I thought this was such a cool touch.  It truly makes you feel as though they are just a normal couple excited to spend the rest of their lives together.  This is not just a celebration for the country but a major celebration for the couple.  (guys will probably hate me for calling the Aston Martin "cute" but so what, it totally was!) 

5. A Dream Come True.  Kate Middleton is now Princess Katherine, Duchess of Cambridge.  It think most girls dream of some day becoming a princess.  For some reason all my childhood dreams I always wanted to be a Russian Princess.  Not sure why, maybe it was from the Disney movie Anastasia?  This just proves that dreams can come true, whatever they are.  Only a few little girls in the world will ever become a princess, however, there are many other dreams that can come true.

So Happy Royal Wedding Day!  For more photos click here!

Here are some photos from my wedding three years ago :)

Wedding Party on the steps of the Wisconsin Capitol Building

"The Kiss"

Bridal Party

The Church

The Guys... I always thought that this one looked like an advertisment for a suit company.

No comments:

Post a Comment