Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Nylenol"

I've got a sick baby home with me today.  What started last week as a slight runny nose has turned into a sea of snot, tears and drool accompanied by a fever.  Yeah!  Both Max and I did not sleep last night.  He tried to but then would wake up crying because he couldn't breathe.  Unfortunately, the crying made more snot flow and along with that came more crying.  Every time I would attempt to put him back to sleep I would pray/beg God to keep him asleep for more than 20 minutes.  These prayers were rarely answered.  The worst part was that I had to get up at 5:30am for work and by had to I mean most days I can be a little late but on Thursdays I must be there by 7:00am sharp!

At 10:30am we visited the doctor to make sure that everything was OK and it looks like it's just a bad cold.  Max cried the entire time and at one point it was so bad that I was attacked by a hug web of drool that clung to my arm and wouldn't let go.  Everywhere I moved it moved too.  The nurse even laughed!  In the end, they advised me to give him some Tylenol every 4 hours and call back tomorrow morning with the progress. 

Here's my little guy after we got home from the doctor... with snot running down his face.
 
I'm exhausted. Did I mention my husband is still not home from playing hockey in Texas?  Don't even ask.
What I realized while caring for my sick little guy is that I am now the mom.  It's a very strange feeling to be the one giving the Tylenol and cleaning up the boogies.  My mom says that when I was little I would say "more nylenol" in a very whiney voice.  Max can't talk yet but if he could I can guess that's what he would be saying. 

Pray that little Max gets better... and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment