Tuesday, May 10, 2011

{Makeup} Mascara

For three years I worked in cosmetics for Origins at Yonkers in Duluth, MN.  In that time I met a lot of great and talented women.  When I first started working at Yonkers I had a passion for cosmetics and thought I knew a lot about it.  I knew nothing.  In those three years I learned so much and I continue to learn new things all the time. 

After working in cosmetics I became a mascara snob.  I like my mascara to be thick and heavy.  I apply multiple coats and want it to make my lashes look fuller.  For years I would try other mascaras but kept going back to the same one. Lancome, Hypnose in black.  I went through a tube every three months (that's the shelf life for a mascara anyways because of bacteria).  Hypnose sells for $25.00 so that's $25.00 every three months = $100 a year on mascara alone.

I've realized after becoming a mom that I needed to start cutting back on some of my other expenses.  Good mascara was one that I knew I would never give up.  I've tried to purchase the $7 mascara before but always ended up hating it.  That was until my friend, Morgana, introduced me to Maybelline's Volum' Express, The Colossal.  LOVE.  The big brush makes it easy to apply multiple coats and it truly does add the volume I'm looking for. 

If you are looking for a cost effective mascara you need to try this one!
Slightly creepy but you get the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment