Saturday, May 14, 2011

Operation Bikini Bod

This morning I woke up and couldn't move my arms.  When I picked up Max out of his crib I grimaced with pain.  YEAH I"M SORE!  I couldn't be more excited.  Some of you may think I'm crazy but to me the soreness you get after working out means I accomplished my task of pushing myself.

I love working out because of the way it makes me feel during the day but have been struggling with trying to fit it into my busy "new/working mom" schedule.  I tried working out over lunch but found that I made excuses a lot about needing some relaxing time to refresh over lunch.  Yesterday I decided that the best thing for me to do is to try and workout in the morning.  I was up at 5:34am (my alarm went off at 5:30 and I sat there for 4 minutes trying to decide if I should really get out of bed).  I've done this before I thought, I used to wake up at 5:00am and meet my friend Jackie at the gym by 5:30 so this should be easy.  Once I was up and out of bed I was excited and ready to go.  The best thing is that I have a full two room fitness center right in my apartments so I didn't even have to travel anywhere!

Yesterday was a success as I was able to get in a good strength training workout of chest, back and abs.  Let's hope I can keep it up!

Here is my inspiration photo of Jamie Eason a fitness model.

No comments:

Post a Comment