Thursday, May 19, 2011

Super Women vs. Super Exhausted

There are days like this past Sunday when I feel like I can take on the world.  Full-time job (no problem), 9 month old son (easy), husband, dishes, laundry, blogging, reading, cooking, grocery shopping, spending time with friends and family, working out... give me more!  I can handle it.  These are the days I feel like Super Women.  There is nothing I can't accomplish.  I feel empowered and ready to take on the world.

Then there are days like yesterday.  I woke at 5:30am and crawled out of bed at 5:42 to squeeze in a quick leg workout before work.  When I got back from the fitness room Max was awake and needed me to go get him.  I then attempted to give him some toys to play with in his crib so I could quickly run and take a shower.  During the shower I heard him start to scream for me so I quickly finished and headed back into his room.  I brought him into the living room to play with some toys on the floor and moved my makeup into their so I could attempt to put my "mask" on while sitting on the living room floor trying to keep him entertained.  He lasted for a little while and I finally gave in and made him his morning bottle.  We sat on the couch and watched the Today show together as we always do and once he was done I raced into the bathroom to finish my hair.  Dressed and ready to go to work I got Max put together and out the door we went.

I arrived at work at 8:00am and the busy day started from there.  A pop-up meeting for Thursday, trying to get my computer backup to work... etc.  At 5:00pm I hurried out of work to pick-up Max from daycare.  After picking him up we headed to Target to get some much needed supplies for home.  We were attempting to get Luke some juice when Max had a total screaming meltdown in the juice isle and I knew it was time to leave.  We arrived home at around 6:30pm and I set him up in his high chair to have some dinner.  I had just changed out of my work clothes when Luke called to inform me that he had locked his keys in the car and needed me to drive to the golf course 15 minutes away to bring them to him.  I fed Max some food, scarfed down something for myself and drove over to the golf course.

Once back home at 7:30pm Max and I spent some time with Luke before he went off to play softball.  A few minutes after Luke left he called to ask if he had left his wallet at home (he's not having a good day either I think) I searched all around and finally found it in some pants of his.  By this time Max was crying in the living room wanting his night time bottle.  By 8:30pm he was all fed, happy and ready for bed.  I put him down in his crib and only had to go in 1 time to flip him over from his tummy to his back.  (He's been doing that lately when trying to go to sleep and still can't figure out how to get back on to his back)

By 8:45pm I was exhausted and needed a glass of wine.  These are the days that I don't want to add anymore to my plate.  I think I'm doing just fine with what I have!

Upset that he couldn't get his food in his mouth, it kept dropping into his lap.

All better, cuddling with his bunny.

Playing with mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment